FAQQuestions to ask yourself before buying a trailer:
Is it New Zealand made or just New Zealand assembled?
Is it designed to suit my boat or just an off the shelf trailer that will be 80% correct?
Is there after sales service and spare parts?
What is the Warranty?
Hosking Trailers carry the best warranty in New Zealand with a 10 year structural guarantee and up to 5 year on components unless otherwise specified by the supplier. Please note terms and conditions below. Unfortunately we cant cover rust, its not transferable and the trailer has to be used fit for purpose.
Hosking Trailers Limited – Customer Protection Package
Clients of Hosking Trailers limited will be covered under multiple legislations and a manufacturers’ warranty. This will enable you to have a peace of mind transaction.
Simply put, if you are not 100% we will do what we can within our powers to put it right.
Fair Trading Act 1986
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Hosking Manufacturers’ Warranty
All our boat trailers are made from high quality materials and components and conform to our strict specifications. We are continually improving design and features of our trailers so details will change as improvements occur.
All boat trailers carry a 10 year structural guarantee and their components sold by us carry a parts and labour warranty for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
With the BEST Warranty in New Zealand we do have a few terms and conditions, but nothing outside the normal. So the legal stuff is below.
|WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This product warranty (“Warranty”) is given by us to the original end purchaser (“You”) of Hosking Trailer products sold in New Zealand. The Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions set out below:
STRUCTURAL – 10 YEAR WARRANTY
1. the warranty period begins from the time of sale to the customer
2. The warranty is only valid for the original buyer/customer and is non-transferable
3. The warranty is for manufacturer’s defects of the main framed square hollow sections (SHS) and/or rectangular hollow section (RHS) and its cross members
4. The warranty does not cover preventative maintenance or cost and replacement of components attached or fitted to the main structure (i.e. wobble roller supports).
5. The manufacturer will repair or replace the defect. The decision to repair or replace is at the manufacturer’s discretion.
6. Return to base warranty. Transport of the defective trailer to the manufacturer’s premises is at the customer’s cost.
7. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear.
8. The warranty does not cover rust or subsequent failure due to rust.
9. The warranty does not cover bearing failure, nor is any consequential loss incurred through the use of the trailer or any failure of the trailer or any part of it. Bearing performance is highly dependent on owner’s diligence in maintaining greasing.
10. The warranty will be void if the trailer has been used in anyway outside its fit for purpose.
11. The warranty covers replacement of any defective part and the cost of fitting the part but does not include the labour and material costs associated with all other service within the warranty period, or any freight charge for “return to base” support.
12. Conditions: The Warranty will only apply where:
(a) You retain proof of the date of purchase;
(b) You notify us of any breach of Warranty, in writing, within 1 months of the defect becoming apparent to you (or when it should reasonably have become apparent) and you provide evidence of your proof of purchase;
13. Limitations: For the avoidance of doubt the Warranty does not apply, and we are not liable for, the following matters (including):
(a) Any defects in the Products resulting from a failure to comply with our care and maintenance guidelines;
(b) The warranty does not cover trailers that have been modified, neglected, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused, involved in accidents or used beyond its capabilities or not in accordance with its specifications
11. This limited warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the defective structural member, at the option of Hosking Trailers, and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Hosking’s trailer product and is not transferrable. This warranty applies only to products purchased through Hosking Trailers or an authorized marine dealer. In no event shall Hosking Trailers be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein. This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights and other rights may vary from place to place. This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Component Warranty – Up to 5 years
Components are warranted against defect for up to 5 years. This is dependent on the components manufacturer/supplier and their prescribed warranty terms and conditions. We will pass on the full warranty as per their terms and conditions.
Examples of warranties are: –
1. Hella LED Lights – 5 Years
2. Christine Products Jockey Wheels – 1 Year
3. Christine Products Winch – 1 Year
4. Trojan couplings – 1 year
The above list is an example and not limited to or presenting current manufacturer/supplier terms and conditions.
How long have you been building Trailers?
How long will your trailers last?
Remember it may seem like it is cheaper in the beginning to purchase an imported trailer but once it starts causing issues after 2-3 years it is no longer cheap as you will either have to repair it or worst case replace it! There is no substitute for buying quality.