About Hosking Trailers
With a reputation for quality and service built over 50 years, Hosking Trailers is a leading NZ manufacturer of steel boat trailers, each one made to order. The business is family-owned with an exceptional team of fabricators and technicians with genuine pride and ownership of what we do. Our work extends to custom design and fabrication of new trailers, service and repair, and mobile servicing specializing in marine and commercial trailers – and we are growing.
We have two full-time opportunities at our Albany workshop for assembly and service technicians. The assembly role will have responsibility for the construction and final build of entire boat trailers from bare frame to boat fitting and handover. The service role will undertake a full range of trailer maintenance, servicing and repairs including fabrication, and may include mobile work. Both roles support other workstreams across the business as needed and will grow in scope and responsibility over time. In these roles you are sure to have a different problem to solve every day. We are keen to hear from people with any level of experience. Depending on the candidate there may be scope for flexible working or a job-share arrangement, for example to suit tertiary studies.
Qualities you will bring:
– Demonstrable technical/mechanical empathy, eye for detail
– Experience with power and hand tools in a workshop context
– Enjoy completing projects end to end, and to a high standard
– Initiative, ability to problem solve, know when to think outside the box
– Reliable, coachable, resilient under time and quality pressure
– Physically fit and capable of heavy lifting
– Valid drivers licence required, forklift F endorsement desirable
– Preferably a passion for boating, design or mechanical engineering, or model making
The opportunity for you
– Stimulating hand-built workshop environment with daily problem solving
– Hugely varied work giving exposure to a range of core business processes: production, inventory management, quality control, customer handling
– Collaborative and supportive team – a really good bunch with high personal integrity
– Competitive pay, quality tools, company workwear, support for outside-work activities
– Individual career development plan and mentoring from the business owner
– NZQA qualifications over time (eg. forklift, welding, first aid, health & safety)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE NZ RESIDENCY OR A VALID NZ WORK VISA BEFORE APPLYING.
Please supply your resume, and a cover letter explaining your fit for this role and what you hope to achieve. We will reply to all applicants within 14 days of receiving your application.
"*" indicates required fields